Monday, October 10, 2011

Stand by me......

Monday and kids returned to school.....Feeling a bit more relaxed already....I didn't get much downtime during the school holidays, and it really caught up with me....Had a talk with the kids principle today about whether kids knew that they were leaving the school? I am sure they know it is a possibility, but I am not sure I want them to spend there last term there thinking about leaving....If there was anyway of keeping there I would, they are happy....I hate that money is the reason they can't stay....I hate that money is the reason I have to go to Bathurst...Even if the kids were in a public school I would probably be unable to afford to live in mountains.... I am still looking at options, but the inability to fit work in around the kids school hours has me stuffed... I cant see a way out....

In Bathurst I will have more support with kids, I will be able to earn money and possibly even get more balanced time vs. sole parent going on.... But the kids will be in a school I still have reservations about.... In a town that everyone has reservations about.... There is a part of me that knows Bathurst is pretty much irrelevant as a location.... I can operate the same out of anywhere I guess.... But still???

Today I have been sanding and polishing stuff.... A wooden napkin holder has been cut back and modified into a light saber stand...


Still a bit of work to go....some more embellishments and brass bits to go, but I have been meaning to find someway of displaying this for years...



I picked up a wobbly stool during the council pick ups last month.... Leaving it as a stool seems pointless....So I have pulled it apart.... I have given the top a few tweeks, not because I know what to do with it, but because I wanted to see if I could still use woodworking skills learned many years ago. My high school woodwork teacher would be amazed that I retained any information at all, considering the amount of time I spent talking during his class....



I have sanded and rebated with a chisel and othe woody stuff, not sure what to do with it yet....I might keep adding to it....

No comments:

Post a Comment