Monday, September 19, 2011

Take a Seat.....

Sick kids so no school.... I did get a suprisingly large amount done on chair project. In between food runs and hugs.... This update will be a picture is worth a thousand words type affair, as my fingers are sore from sanding... Not used to hard work. Had to drill new holes for a new arm rest, a bit tricky to get the angle right, but the jobs done.



Finished sanding to get rid of old varnish.

Oiled up like a prized pig....


Cleaned the leather....Well I did after this pic....It was pretty horrid...Do not let your pets on the couch!!!


Relaced the canvas seat...after a quick rinse in the washing machine...a bit of shrinkage...but put it on wet to stretch it.... Very glad I took a few photos of lacing before hand.



And then put it all back together....and I like it!!! Took about 4 hours all up....not bad for a very nice chair that I got off the roadside.






No comments:

Post a Comment