Monday, August 29, 2011

On the Make.....

Slow Sunday....Slept in....to warm and cosy to get out of bed early....House is mess...Had some fun with kids....Did some prep work on found lamps....Might get some undercoat them tomorrow, and see if I can find somewhere round here that sells silver leaf....


Got them stripped down and old wiring removed....the silver leaf may have to wait till I have a few more dollars in the back. So many projects stalled due to cash flow crisis at the moment...rego and insurance and a few other big bills are knee capping my work!!!


I am trying to decide if the effort and cost of changing the colour of the leather on this chair are worth it? I will sand and danish oil the wood, clean and respray the metal spring plates underneath and decide when I see how it comes up.

Lazy day....only finished project for the day was a quickie, and involved using the aga to dry glue....I enjoy watching the PVA turn from cloudy white to clear and shiny...


Coaster experiment turned out pretty well, and feedback on them is very positive...Got a few twists on the idea, that I will take a shot at soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment