Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Lurgy.....and the Stress Ball....

Seven thirty in the AM, and trying to decide if kids are going to school today. Lily is better but Seb is still lingering a bit.....and I am not 100%, but still hoping to avoid coming down with whatever they had/have. Not sure how much of Seb's coughing fit is real and how much is due to the fact I just download Bejeweled Blitz Live on the xbox for him....If they stay home today the chances of getting anything done round the house are zip.... and I really need to get things back under control here. Not looking forward to the idea of going into two weeks school holidays with a house that starts out a mess.

On the plus side the Blue Mountains City council has decided to give me a roadside find intervention and has already cleared Hazelbrook, and is also doing Lawson and Bullaburra. So the streets should be free of distracting goodies now and I can finish the stuff I have. The official last item found is a 1950's atomic vinyl pouffe/poof/pouf. Cleaned up it is an easy hundred, maybe more if I team it with one of the Eames Saucer Chairs I have in storage.


On the "How insane am I" scale at the moment I am hovering around a seven. Started to realise I am two very different people. A time pressed get thing done, Stress about being late person that is a pain  to be around, and the free of pressure bundle of fun that everyone should consider themselves lucky to know. I think being sole responsibility for day to day lives of kids is stressing me out in ways I hadn't foreseen. Even the seemingly simple task of doing the afternoon school run seems to be stressful and extreme. I hate being late, I very rarely am, and being late to school to collect kids is an abhorrent thought. Not a big issue you might think, but when you add in a 15min trip to school through heavy traffic and constant roadwork it becomes one.... On a good day it can take 10 mins to get to the school, on a bad day 30mins, and once or twice 45mins... And there is the stresser, from midday I seem to be getting in the mindset to get everything done in time for the unknown school run, so i end up in a flap even if there is no traffic.

Seb is still and bed and coughing sporadically, Lily has just come in a declared she is bored and has nothing to do. This maybe one of the days that gets called one of those days!! Yes Cinders you will go to the Stress Ball!!!

So kids conned me into letting them stay home, wasn't real hard...the idea of traffic to pick them up later not at all appealing....so the holidays have started, and then next term will be their last at korowal....Barring a lotto win or dead wealthy relative.... Really worried this could be one of those big mistakes, but basically over a barrel at this point. So notice has been given to school, and I will have to slowly break it to the kids. I am sure Seb will be alright with it if explained right, which is ironic since he is the one that really needs the school....Lily will be a mess...there will be real tears, although I am sure she will be fine anywhere, I suspect she would have been a more interesting person if she was allowed to stay.... But we never know what the future holds I guess, and I try to be positive about stuff....realistic but positive.

Today will not be a great day for getting stuff done, and tomorrow will be spent behind the wheel... So a small job this morning to make me feel like I have achieved one little thing....The old, take an existing item and put a clock in it, school of work....

No comments:

Post a Comment